Share your favorite recipes that use your garden products!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Nettles and Greens
Source: Marantha's Kitchen (Entered by Marantha Blackwell)
I have many requests for what to do with Nettles. Here is one fabulous way to eat this highly nutritious wild food!
Serves: As much as you care to eat!
1 Bunch Nettles
1 Bunch Mixed Greens (collards, Kale , Asian , spinach )
1 Large Onion ( or any kind of allium )
3 Cloves Garlic ( or as much as you like )
1 Large Sweet Potato
1/2 Cup Walnuts
1 Drizzle Olive Oil
1 Squirts Braggs Liquid Aminos
1 Fresh Herbs Herbs ( chives, parsley , etc.)
Step by Step Instructions
- Chop , cut , mince you ingredients
- Heat pan and add Olive Oil or (coconut butter) and toss in onions then garlic Note: garlic cooks faster than onions
- When alliums are the way you like them add chopped greens and add water to your pan (glazing) and cover with a lid. Lower heat
- Meanwhile your sweet potato is steaming on another burner.
- When sweet potatoes are soft enough add them to the mixed greens along with your Nettles and Herbs. Mix together.
- Add Braggs, seasoning and keep lid on pot to let flavored infuse
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve!
Comments added by fellow market members.